ASX From Belgium

Eder

Forero Experto
Bienvenido al foro Ramaht.
Por cierto yó no veo las fotos.
Lo del claxon es interesante. ¿Podias poner el enlace donde lo compraste?.
Un saludo.

Welcome to the Forum Ramaht.
Incidentally yó cannot see the photos.
The Horn is interesting. You could put the link where you bought?.
A greeting.

cortsan

Forero Activo
Congratulations on the asx and thanks for contributing their modifications
Welcome
A greeting!

doctaton

Moderador
Miembro del equipo
Uuuf ... Translation of your 2nd post, already done!

You were very keen to write indeed, my friend Ramaht ... :p

Thanks for all the information you have posted, mainly regarding the DPF.

The problem with the ASX, for now, is that no company specialized in racetunning or chiptunning has gained access to our ECU, hence, nobody has cancelled the DPF yet.

We are looking at the possibility of cancelling it by Lexia Software. The problem is that, until someone is encouraged to remove the DPF, we will not know if it works or not. And, unfortunetely, removing the DPF is a non-reversible process...

I think we will do it by draw, to see who blasts his DPF first, just for science knowledge...

Disconnecting the second horn, is not so easy. It is far more inaccessible than the one you removed, and you must take off the front bumper to achieve it. You can see how the front bumper is removed, in section "Bricos" (Mods): Front parking sensor.

If you hear something about the cancellation of the DPF on the ASX, please let us know, as there are several interested people for doing it.

I am the first.

Thanks again for your input!

Uuuf... Traducción hecha!

Si que tenías ganas de escribir, mi amigo Ramaht... :p

Gracias por toda la información que has aportado, fundamentalmente respecto al DPF.

El problema que tiene el ASX, por ahora, es que ninguna empresa de las que hace chiptunning ni racetunning, ha tenido acceso a la ECU de nuestro coche, por lo que por ahora, nadie lo ha hecho aún.

Estamos viendo la posibilidad de anularlo mediante el Lexia Software. El problema, es que luego debemos vaciar el DPF y hasta que alguien no sea el primero, no sabremos si funciona o no. Y vaciar el DPF es un proceso irreversible...

Creo que lo haremos por sorteo, a ver quien revienta su DPF en favor de la ciencia... :D

Lo de desconectar la segunda bocina, no lo tienes fácil. Está bastante más inaccesible que la que has desmontado, y debes quitar el frontal del coche. Puedes ver como se quita, en la sección "Bricos",
Sensor de aparcamiento delantero.

Si te enteras de la anulación del DPF en el ASX, por favor coméntalo, ya que hay varios interesados en hacerlo por aquí.

Yo el primero.

Gracias nuevamente por tus aportes!

lmsc

Forero Activo
Hello Ramath,

Welcome .
I´m Portuguese and as you can see I preferre this forum to the Portuguese one.
People here are very very friendly.

Bienvenido.
Soy portugués y como se puede ver que preferre este foro para el Portugués.
La gente aquí es muy, muy amable.

abraço - saludo - regards

Ramaht

Nuevo Forero
Thanks for the info on the second horn, will have to look into that one.
I was indeed surprises to hear from you that it has 2 horns. Why didn't they provide us with a decent one to start with...
Will replace the rear sensors, and while I'm at it I plan to install front ones. Requested by the misses :) So then I'll disconnect the second horn.

But house renovations will eat most of the budget for a few months now...

Eder, got them from Ebay, some British shop. Just do a little search, you'll find them...

lmsc, same here, and even more, you hardly see any ASX's around here. But that's what I also like about that car, it's something else then a grey Golf ;)

Última edición:

lmsc

Forero Activo
Hello Ramaht,

In my opinion if a Golf cross the street nobody looks , but if we go around with an ASX everybody looks....

Ramaht

Nuevo Forero
Little update on the horns. I did check for the second one, and it's very easy to reach from the top down. It's 20 cm's lower then the bonnet lock and a bit towards the left side of the car. Just shine a little light in there, and put your arm down.

The first one is easy peasy to disconnect and unscrew. I placed both new horns on that location and wired one new horn with that contactpoint.
The lower horn I just disconnected and extended the wire to the second new horn.

Traducción gratuita de doctaton ;):

Pequeña actualización en las bocinas. He mirado la segunda, y es muy fácil de llegar desde arriba hacia abajo. Está 20 cm por debajo del cierre del capó y un poco hacia el lado izquierdo del coche. Sólo ilumina una pequeña luz allí, y estira tu brazo hacia abajo.

La primera de ellas es muy fácil para desconectar y desenroscar. Yo puse ambas bocinas nuevas allí y he unido una de ellas a dicho contacto.

La bocina inferior solo la he desconectado y he extendido un cable a la segunda bocina nueva.

Última edición por un moderador:

Coño!....pense que me había metido en el foro de Inglaterra...:confused:
Welcome.

doctaton

Moderador
Miembro del equipo
Little update on the horns. I did check for the second one, and it's very easy to reach from the top down. It's 20 cm's lower then the bonnet lock and a bit towards the left side of the car. Just shine a little light in there, and put your arm down.

The first one is easy peasy to disconnect and unscrew. I placed both new horns on that location and wired one new horn with that contactpoint.
The lower horn I just disconnected and extended the wire to the second new horn.

Traducción gratuita de doctaton ;):

Pequeña actualización en las bocinas. He mirado la segunda, y es muy fácil de llegar desde arriba hacia abajo. Está 20 cm por debajo del cierre del capó y un poco hacia el lado izquierdo del coche. Sólo ilumina una pequeña luz allí, y estira tu brazo hacia abajo.

La primera de ellas es muy fácil para desconectar y desenroscar. Yo puse ambas bocinas nuevas allí y he unido una de ellas a dicho contacto.

La bocina inferior solo la he desconectado y he extendido un cable a la segunda bocina nueva.

Translation done!

For if not understood, he had placed both horns, where originally was the highest one, and had connected one new horn directly to the original Hi-horn connector and the other new horn to the Lo-horn connector with a cable.

Is this correct?

Thanks Ramhat!

Traducción hecha!

Por si no se ha entendido, ha dejado ambas bocinas, donde estaba originalmente la más alta, y ha conectado una al conector de la bocina alta y otra al conector de la bocina baja, mediante un cable.

Gracias Ramhat!

Ramaht

Nuevo Forero
So, went to the stealership today to have them connect their MUT-device to the car.

Thing I got changed:
- When unlocking the car at night, headlights turn on instead of the small lights.
- Interior lights stays on for 30 secs instead of 15.
- All doors auto-unlock when the ignitionkey is turned in the off-position

Things I wanted to get changed, but that aren't possible... (or the options are very well hidden)
- Disable the 4 hours reset of the onboard computer
- autolock the doors at certain speed

So I'm curious if those options are possible with the Lexia-device...
To bad they didn't let me play with the device myself...

wylon

Moderador
Miembro del equipo
So, went to the stealership today to have them connect their MUT-device to the car.

Thing I got changed:
- When unlocking the car at night, headlights turn on instead of the small lights.
- Interior lights stays on for 30 secs instead of 15.
- All doors auto-unlock when the ignitionkey is turned in the off-position

Things I wanted to get changed, but that aren't possible... (or the options are very well hidden)
- Disable the 4 hours reset of the onboard computer
- autolock the doors at certain speed

So I'm curious if those options are possible with the Lexia-device...
To bad they didn't let me play with the device myself...

Hi Ramaht!

Los dos primeros cambios, en nuestro caso se pueden hacer desde el mmcs (yo también los he hecho:)) (I´ve made the two first ones from mmcs with the spanish kaiteki 4wd version)

Los otros, creo que a día de hoy son imposibles.. (the other ones are "utopics" nowadays:()

Saludos!!
Greetings!!

Ramaht

Nuevo Forero
The option for the locking is to add an aftermarket canbus-alarm...
But had to try the cheaper way first ;)

"